As I have said in the past, I don’t believe in new years resolutions and last year was the closest I came to them with my post ‘7 Things for 2013’ and as I suspected, it was a complete fail. I literally only managed 2 of the things I wrote about so I’m going back to my old way of thinking. I always strive to be the best person I can be and that will be no exception in 2014. I will continue to do good deeds, make people smile and help some charities. To remember each kind thing I do I will be keeping a ‘Kindness Jar’ (as I shall call it) throughout the year. With each kind thing I do I will write it on a piece of paper and pop it into the jar, at the end of the year I shall look back at all the things I wrote down. Sound like a good idea? Why don’t you join me.
Tag Archives: 2014
I consider 2013 as being a good year looking back. I have been on two amazing holidays and made many happy memories. The Spain and Canary Island Cruise in May was awesome and it was lovely to spend time with two of my very good friends during this time. We did have a lot of fun and we laughed until we cried a lot of the time. Some people may of even thought we were a little mad but we didn’t have a care in the world. Thinking about it makes me want to book another cruise for next year but as I have some crazy saving to do I don’t think I’ll be booking anything.
Disneyland Paris is never a let down (in my opinion anyway) and I was lucky enough to take my niece Jordan on her first trip there. I’m not sure who exactly was the biggest kid but I’m pretty sure it was me. I love all the rides and meeting as many characters as I can. Despite going at peak season and having to face the crowds of people and the queues, we still had a great time. I would have loved to have returned next year but that also looks very unlikely.
There has been a few events that have stuck in my mind from this year including the annual ‘West End Live’ in Trafalgar Square, conventions such as ‘Collectormania’ in Milton Keynes ‘London Film and Comic Con’ ‘Hyper Japan’ and ‘ToyCon’ were all enjoyable and I hope to return to these events again next year. Another event I enjoyed was the charity football match between ‘Phantom of the Opera’ and ‘Les Miserable’.
This year saw me try my hand at creating things with Polymer clay which goes well when I have the time apart from when I burnt two tea light holders in the oven much to the horror of my mother who had to clean the blackness from her oven the next day, oops! I also joined a amateur operatic society and performed in my first show which was successful. Unfortunately because of the lack of young talent and men, the society will be closing after our next show in March. It has left me wondering what I should do next, if I even feel like doing anything after that.
There has been some events I have been to which I haven’t mentioned in my posts like Seeing various bands live at Wembley Arena and the London o2 such as ‘Paramore’ ’30 Seconds to Mars’ and ‘Boyzone’. I have also been to a couple of WWE events and loved it… more for next year I think, including some more gigs and shows that are already planned. So far I’m rather looking forward to 2014, I hope you are too!
Another milestone reached in my blogging ventures so I thought I would mark the occasion. When I reached my 100th post I decided to share my 10 favourite posts since I started blogging so I thought I would do something similar and share my 10 favourite posts since my 100th. Many of the posts have a lovely collection of photo’s to go with them.
- Lady Dinah’s Cat Emporium I’m currently looking forward to the opening of this cafe which looks like it’s set for the beginning of next year. It is very exciting and I’m sure once I get to go I will let you all know what it’s like. I’ve got a feeling that it’s going to be very popular.
- Consuelo Parra – Digital Art An artist that I discovered this year. Check out some of the pictures that I have included in this post.
- Ronan Keating Live This seems like ages ago, I can’t believe it was at the beginning of the year. How time flies!
- The Struggle One of the few Poems that I wrote this year along with ‘Defeated’ and ‘Don’t Judge Me’ which I’ve also included in this list. I’m hoping to compile some more poems for 2014 because I’m not that bad at writing them.
- Egg-Citing Art Lots of giant egg designs in Covent garden. There are so many photos.
- Don’t Judge Me
- A Damp Day in Camden Town This is the only time I visited Camden this year. I hope to go again next year. It’s so hard to find the time to fit everything in. There are lots of places that I had hoped to visit this year but didn’t.
- Carrie Hope Fletcher Photos of Carrie performing at this years ‘West End Live’. She has become one of my favourite YouTubers.
- Garden Wildlife It’s surprising what you can find in your own back garden. See what you can find.
I’m like Dr. Who… I tend to regenerate every few years. Last time it happened must have been about six years ago when I decided on a career change and gave up pretty much everything to study animal management full-time. I had time by myself to think and I know at that time in my life I made the right decision even though I didn’t end up pursuing an animal care career. It was great personal development and opened up a whole lot of new opportunities for me. I saw a change in myself during that time, I was more determined and care free and I proved to myself that I could work harder than I had ever worked before. I was happy.
Recently… I would say 3 or 4 months ago, I have been showing signs of growing up. This is something that I had refused point-blank to do in the past, but at the age of 33 I seemed to have given in and accepted that there are some things I need to face. My thoughts have mainly been leaning towards planning for my future, something that I wouldn’t have considered at all earlier on in the year.
I suppose there comes a time when you haven’t got a choice and that then aggravating voice of one of your parents telling you to ‘grow up’ actually starts to make sense. With my new sensible head on my shoulders we shall see what 2014 brings. After all, it’s not very far away now is it!